Monday, January 7, 2013

Coupons, not the end but just the begining

You have clipped your coupons Now What?!!?!!?
Make that List
I don't know about you but I like lists.  They help me keep track of what I  need to do for the day, who is going where and when, and even if I have finished a goal.  They don't have to be on special paper or perfect by any means.   They are often thrown away before everything is crossed off, But this list is my frugal list and so it changes and grows.
 My frugal list consists of the items that I need most and use most in my household.  Things that I don't want to pay retail because I ran out and can't wait til the next coupon comes my way or the next sale occurs.  They are also usually items that are not usually cheap.  Below is a sample list.

batteries (AA, AAA)
deodorant (mennon)
Toothpaste (crest)
conditioner (any)
butter   
flour
sugar
cheese
laundry soap
tea bags (lipton)
tomato sauce ingredients
antacids
pain killer (advil)

It can be as specific or as general as you want it to be.

When planning meals (another list), or getting the shopping list together , I will see if any of these items are on sale.  If I have coupons then I will really stock up on that item, if not I will get just a few until a sale and coupon become available.  It also helps to keep in mind a top sale price.  (what is the highest price you will pay for that items)
Don't just be a coupon clipper, be a frugal shopper.  Having these items on hand has saved me countless last minute shopping trips.  It has then saved me time, gas and has made that "who needs to be where and when " list so much easier to handle.

No comments:

Post a Comment